What's new

Ammonia smell in exhaust

RevEngineer125 156

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
49
Location
Central PA
Has anybody else noticed a sometimes strong ammonia smell from the exhaust during warmup? I’ve noticed this ever since I got the car. I run the same gas from the same station in my 392 challenger and there is no ammonia, just a normal gasoline smell.
 
Have you had the TSB done for the fuel system post cat too rich/lean? (Error codes p2096-2099).
Anecdotal, but I did have a very faint amonia like smell in my cabin. I thought it was because I had transported some very strong smelling touch up paint but maybe it was an early sign of that issue.
About a month later I started getting the above error codes. I had the TSB done and haven't noticed the smell in a while and no more errors.
Never specifically noticed an exhaust smell though. I keep the car outdoors so I don't ever smell the exhaust.
 
📢 Support the above vendors that support this site!
To become a Supporting Vendor: ✉️ Message Dragoon

Trending Topics

Back
Top Bottom