What's new

Anyone else find the Horn impossible to use correctly?

Dartman753 3

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
14
Media
18
Reaction score
29
Location
Sixpack@2026.glh
Try give a nice short quick courtesy beep. I touch the wheel center, hammer it, bump it, nudge it and nothing gets me a nice short courtesy beep. Always have to just lean on it and get a longer more "aggressive" longer beep that says "That dude is one impatient _ hole". What I want is a nice short, 2 chirp road runner meep meep that says, "Hey I see you, go ahead/pay attention for a moment to something but overall we are all good, thanks!" I feel like I need to spend a day just sitting in that car trying to hone my honk skills where I've never needed to before. Feel like a need a university course for "415 - Advance horn operation"... Last thing I want to do is be hammering on my air bags trying to give a polite beep just to have the car gain sentience and blow the air bag on me in self defense. I'd deserve it, but wish it wasn't required for basic driver to driver communication.
Dart
 
Don't think the car supports the quick beeps, if it does I haven't found it. I am going to upgrade mine to a train horn. Courtesy unfortunately doesn't work in my area.
 
I paid extra for the performance horn package, it’s high precision. /s 😂

If I’m using the horn, it’s usually a WTF moment that requires HORN. So I really don’t have a need for a polite beep.
 
Yeah, same here. I've used the horn once in the 10 months I've had the car. It's more for emergencies for me or for when someone is texting at a green light. Neither of those are polite situations to me 😄
I'm curious about it now though. I next time I'm on a stretch of highway by myself I'll try to get a short beep.
 
📢 Support the above vendors that support this site!
To become a Supporting Vendor: ✉️ Message Dragoon

Trending Topics

Back
Top Bottom