- #1
Thread Owner
Got bored and decided to stir the pot a little.
Below are combustion-chamber/deck shots of the original Hemi, a modern Gen III Hemi, and the Hurricane.
Obviously the Hurricane is not a hemispherical-chamber engine — it uses a 4-valve pent-roof design — so I’m not claiming it’s secretly a Hemi.
But visually, am I crazy for thinking the Hurricane chamber looks more closely related to the original Hemi concept than the modern Gen III Hemi does?
The original has that deep, round chamber with angled valves. The Gen III has evolved into a much flatter, almost oval/egg-shaped chamber with large quench areas. Meanwhile the Hurricane goes back to a very centered, round-looking chamber with heavily angled valves around the spark/injector area. Different architecture, but arguably chasing some of the same airflow/combustion ideas that made the original Hemi special.
So for the sake of friendly Mopar blasphemy:
Is the Hurricane a Hemi by proxy?
And yes, I fully expect to be burned at the stake for this one.
If this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it.
Below are combustion-chamber/deck shots of the original Hemi, a modern Gen III Hemi, and the Hurricane.
Obviously the Hurricane is not a hemispherical-chamber engine — it uses a 4-valve pent-roof design — so I’m not claiming it’s secretly a Hemi.
But visually, am I crazy for thinking the Hurricane chamber looks more closely related to the original Hemi concept than the modern Gen III Hemi does?
The original has that deep, round chamber with angled valves. The Gen III has evolved into a much flatter, almost oval/egg-shaped chamber with large quench areas. Meanwhile the Hurricane goes back to a very centered, round-looking chamber with heavily angled valves around the spark/injector area. Different architecture, but arguably chasing some of the same airflow/combustion ideas that made the original Hemi special.
So for the sake of friendly Mopar blasphemy:
Is the Hurricane a Hemi by proxy?
And yes, I fully expect to be burned at the stake for this one.
If this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it.







