What's new

2026 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Cannot do Burnout

I was able to break loose with the 305's and TC -FULLY- off in RWD and hard floor to engage the propulsion.

I was also able to break loose forgetting I was in sports mode after it snowed/froze.

Both situations were interesting.
 
I just did it. You pick SPORT, then RWD shows up and the TC is off. Mine easily turned the rears again at 1500 - 2000 from a dig.

View attachment 2620
From a dig I have no doubt it will crack them easily. Lots of TQ multiplication going on there and whacks my family's heads to the seat even in ECO let alone sport. Once it's rolling a bit and can't "flash" the converter as easily, it's pretty lazy. If DMan was rolling and trying to crack them on a corner then yeah, gear down or it won't have that instant torque change to overwhelm anything AND with stability still on, it's not likely to even try it. If you want to crack them mid cornering, gear down first. have it in RWD and have Traction fully off or expect nothing too spicy. If you want to scare the wife in the car, just hammer it mid corner in sport AWD TC on throw her into the door panels without losing any control. Speaking theoretically of course.... ;)
 
I think I’d 💩myself if I turned TC fully off in RWD. Gets looser than a 🪿 in “sport traction” in RWD. Light rain, RWD sport mode with sport traction, I damn near did a 180 on a turn just a bit too hot on the throttle.

Also, fair warning when you do the long press TC off, it will disable forward collision warning/auto braking. I don’t think I’ll be trying it anytime soon.
 
I think I’d 💩myself if I turned TC fully off in RWD. Gets looser than a 🪿 in “sport traction” in RWD. Light rain, RWD sport mode with sport traction, I damn near did a 180 on a turn just a bit too hot on the throttle.
Yeah, that's basically what I'm trying to say. Even if it doesn't burn the tires as easily as the outgoing V8 models, it definitely burns them more than enough for anything practical so I'm not really sure what OP is trying to get at. Also, I'd definitely turn the TC back on if it was raining while I was in RWD-- heck I won't even put it in RWD in the rain if I'm on the street lol
I mentioned the disabled forward collision detail in a previous post here so I didn't bring it up again, but it def doesn't hurt to remind people.
 
Antone else notice in the owner's manual that we have three levels of propulsion in all modes? I'm beginning to wonder if we do need to push and hold the TC button to get to the "everything off" mode. I'll try to remember to give it a try today.

Screenshot (86).webp
 
I'm beginning to wonder if we do need to push and hold the TC button to get to the "everything off" mode.
You do. Dodge's own professional drivers who did the drift rides at events like Roadkill Nights were the ones who said it, so I trust that. This is also how the previous generation Chargers and Challengers worked.
 
📢 Support the above vendors that support this site!
To become a Supporting Vendor: ✉️ Message Dragoon

Trending Topics

Back
Top Bottom