What's new

30psi of Boost?

Anyone actually seen/hit near 30psi in the gauges in the HO? I’m still under 1k miles and with WOT on the highway I only ever really see 12ish, but am usually more concerned about not crashing into somebody when this thing is under WOT, so maybe I’ve missed it.


Wondering if there is some sort of graduated limits by mileage on max boost/torque/hp beyond 500 miles. HP always seems short of 500… I’ve seen torque hit 520, but HP usually around 400 at shift points.
I just posted about this. I'm at 560 miles and only have seen 19psi on the center console. Go into performance pages, and it shows 26. Not sure why there's a the discrepancy. Don't forget density altitude affects boost big time.
 
Anyone actually seen/hit near 30psi in the gauges in the HO? I’m still under 1k miles and with WOT on the highway I only ever really see 12ish, but am usually more concerned about not crashing into somebody when this thing is under WOT, so maybe I’ve missed it.


Wondering if there is some sort of graduated limits by mileage on max boost/torque/hp beyond 500 miles. HP always seems short of 500… I’ve seen torque hit 520, but HP usually around 400 at shift points.
I have a 2026 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Plus. The mileage is currently 2200. When I select Sport mode and accelerate, my boost gauge goes down to 1. When I release my accelerator, the boost gauge returns to 15-22. It seems like my boost gauge is working in reverse. I have plenty of acceleration when I step on the accelerator so I must be getting boost. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need to take it back to the dealership for diagnostics?
 
I have a 2026 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Plus. The mileage is currently 2200. When I select Sport mode and accelerate, my boost gauge goes down to 1. When I release my accelerator, the boost gauge returns to 15-22. It seems like my boost gauge is working in reverse. I have plenty of acceleration when I step on the accelerator so I must be getting boost. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need to take it back to the dealership for diagnostics?
Are you reading it correctly? Most of the time it will be negative pressure which is measured in "inHg"
You need to be stomping on the gas for a few seconds for boost to start building. When it reaches 0 inHg, it will switch to PSI as boost builds and the numbers will climb.
Can also use launch control to watch the gauge more safely while putting the pedal to the floor, just don't let go of the brake until your eyes are on the road or your foot is off the gas lol
 
I have a 2026 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Plus. The mileage is currently 2200. When I select Sport mode and accelerate, my boost gauge goes down to 1. When I release my accelerator, the boost gauge returns to 15-22. It seems like my boost gauge is working in reverse. I have plenty of acceleration when I step on the accelerator so I must be getting boost. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need to take it back to the dealership for diagnostics?
Isee your new to the forum. Welcome aboard glade to have ya. Later RJD
 
I have a 2026 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Plus. The mileage is currently 2200. When I select Sport mode and accelerate, my boost gauge goes down to 1. When I release my accelerator, the boost gauge returns to 15-22. It seems like my boost gauge is working in reverse. I have plenty of acceleration when I step on the accelerator so I must be getting boost. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need to take it back to the dealership for diagnostics?

Yes, I also say you're looking at the wrong reading.
 
The boost gauge reads in Hg manifold vacuum then swaps over to PSI once boost has built up so there's a change in the units.

It's hard to really watch the boost gauge while sending it hard, especially at the dragstrip but the JB4 can datalog and you can see I got a warning about exceeding 32.9 PSI

1790791253044.webp
 
📢 Support the above vendors that support this site!
To become a Supporting Vendor: ✉️ Message Dragoon

Trending Topics

Back
Top Bottom