What's new

Dodge and other manufactures Changing oil

Got free oil changes for 1 year from my dealer....I changed my oil at 1500 miles break in period change and now going in at around 5600 miles. I can see changing it 2 more times before my year is up in march.
Kind of a waste as need not change your first oil change till 5000 miles. Later RJD
 
I ended up at 6100 miles first change, miles come in spurts blew past my initial plan of 4000. I was going to do 800 miles or so like with my only other new car 91 Mustang LX 5.0. The factory filter was grey and marked with a date code 8-xx-1991 not painted like a regular Motorcraft FL-1A. BUT... The 0w40 oil is really good stuff, it's a waste to dump it early. Even over 6000 miles oil life was 40%. One thing that bugs me, you don't get to see the oil unless you change it yourself. I keep wanting to check the dipstick.
 
Have a link?
Pretty easy to find info on this, just make sure you're looking at info on full synthetic oil (as is required by the Sixpack).
Also look into filter effectiveness. Changing filters (ex. oil, air etc.) too early reduces their effectiveness and will allow more unwanted particles through.
 
Oil is cheap, engines are not.
Oil maybe cheap to you but with all the new engine tolerance there is no need to change oil till recommended by engine oil life or as I choose 5000 miles. If you want to waste your money the oil company will welcome you. However each to there own. Later RJD
 
I just Googled the price since some have said upwards of $25 a quart. The search said $8 - $10 a quart, but if you ask, the parts counter will lower it to $7 a quart! Anyone ask at a dealer lately?
 
I just Googled the price since some have said upwards of $25 a quart. The search said $8 - $10 a quart, but if you ask, the parts counter will lower it to $7 a quart! Anyone ask at a dealer lately?
Depending if you have an account with them or like me a good customer then I get the discount. Later RJD
 
I just Googled the price since some have said upwards of $25 a quart. The search said $8 - $10 a quart, but if you ask, the parts counter will lower it to $7 a quart! Anyone ask at a dealer lately?
Yep asked my dealer today,going price over the counter is $14.65 0-W40 , or if you have an account as I do its $9.68. Later RJD
 
I figured just like all my other new cars, I would do a break in oil change at around 1k miles, and then once a year after that. As much as I would like to do myself, to keep the warranty intact I plan on letting the dealer do it. I got 2x free oil changes at purchase. I doubt I will put over 3k miles a year on my charger as it is a second "toy" type car for me.
 
With all the new technology built into the engines one need not change oil at 1000 miles. I'll be doing mine at 5000 miles but I like you have other cars to drive so I may not make the mileage by the end of year. Later RJD
 
📢 Support the above vendors that support this site!
To become a Supporting Vendor: ✉️ Message Dragoon

Trending Topics

Back
Top Bottom